Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My response to a poem

Fear  
by Ciaran Carson

I fear the vast dimensions of eternity.
I fear the gap between the platform and the train.
I fear the onset of a murderous campaign.
1 fear the palpitations caused by too much tea.

I fear the drawn pistol of a rapparee.
I fear the books will not survive the acid rain.
I fear the ruler and the blackboard and the cane.
I fear the Jabberwock, whatever it might be.

I fear the bad decisions of a referee.
I fear the only recourse is to plead insane.
I fear the implications of a lawyer's fee.

I fear the gremlins that have colonized my brain.
I fear to read the small print of the guarantee.
And what else do I fear? Let me begin again.
My response to this poem is that I can relate to this poem in two different
ways. My first way that I could relate to this is that when I was a kid I was pretty
much a scaredy-cat. Because,I would scared of almost anything that my cousins told me that 
sounded pretty much very scary to me. If I was asked to write about my fears when I was a kid.
I would have probably filled up a page and a half full of my fears. 
My second way that I could relate to this poem is that I have two younger siblings that are 
pretty much the same as me when I was a little kid. They believe what they see on TV and what my cousins  
tell them that may seem scary to them. Their pretty much like me. 
I have to agree that this poem has rhyme and rhythm. Because, the lines rhyme 
every few lines. Rhythm because, every line begins with the words " I Fear". 

No comments:

Post a Comment